job opportunities at HFH
with Habitat for Humanity?
Do you enjoy working for a good cause? Do you enjoy teamwork and being active? Are you able to move heavy items and work a spreadsheet? This could be the job for you!
about the job
ReStore Assistant Manager
Habitat for Humanity Restore in Collinsville, IL is a unique retail environment that sells donated (new and used) building supplies, home improvement merchandise and furniture at greatly reduced prices to the public. Our mission is to maximize profits which are used to fund Habitat for Humanity programs.
We are looking for people who are team oriented and enjoy working with a diverse group of people. Our team includes all kinds of members- coworkers, volunteers, donors, shoppers, EVERYONE! Our team welcomes new members every day!
ReStore is accepting applications for an Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager reports to the Manager and is responsible for day-to-day donation center and retail operations of the ReStore including but not limited to:
- Assist the manager with oversight of general store operations (cleanliness, scheduling, employee and volunteer conduct, inventory).
- Assist with store opening and closing (tag changes, door lock/unlock, register balancing, bank deposits as needed).
- Be primary contact at store (phone, email, etc) to handle questions, direct calls, create positive interactions with customers and businesses. Excellent customer service and problem solving are necessary.
- Assist and supervise donation center staff regarding productivity, training, safety, punctuality, ethics, and attitude. Drive ReStore truck as needed to pick-up donations in the community.
- Organize store “flow” including product placement, aesthetic appeal, pricing, kinetic logistics, product accessibility to customer.
- Assist, create, and/or run training sessions for new volunteers, support staff as needed.
- Support the ReStore Manager in achieving operational, financial, administrative, volunteer and customer service goals.
- The Assistant Manager will be able to work all positions of ReStore and supervise staff and volunteers, so a versatile skill set and ability to adapt to changing environments are necessary.
skills and qualifications
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to lead and supervise staff and volunteers, ensuring volunteers as well as customers have an excellent experience
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact
- Knowledge of home improvement/construction means, methods, techniques and materials preferred
- Computer skills- Email, Excel, Word, Basic Graphic Design
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License- good driving record (inquire on specifics required)
- Must be able to regularly and frequently lift 50-75 lbs safely, work standing or moving for a full day, and operate basic power tools
- Be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions
- Hours are 40 hours per week between 9am -6:30pm Tuesday – Friday and 9am – 4:30pm Saturday. Hours may vary as needed
- Supervising: 1 year (Required)
- Retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Heavy lifting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- When are you available to start this job?
- Please list three professional references that we may contact. Include the person’s name, company and title, contact details (email and/or phone number), and explain your relationship (former boss, current coworker, etc).
- What kind of experience do you have that demonstrates your ability to regularly and frequently lift 50-75 lbs safely? What kind of things do you have experience moving around in that weight range?
All candidates may be subject to a drug screen, background check and functional capacity evaluation.
Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record. Professional references required.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In Person
Pay: $17.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
ReStore follows current IL mandates and guidelines for retail on COVID-19 precautions. Sanitizer and PPE provided.