donate to ReStore
how do I
ReStore’s new location has a donation center in the back of the building. Drive around and ring the bell for service. We will show you where to unload your donations. If you have a lot of items to donate, such as a truck load, please call to let us know when you are coming.
For large items (over 3′ x 3′) or truck loads, photo approval is recommended, please email photos to: donations@LCReStore.org
Call our Donation Hotline (618) 855-9151
Donation Drop Off Hours:
Tues – Sat 10am – 3pm
- Contactless Drop-Off
- Bring Your Own Lifter
- Mask required when interacting with staff
open: Tues – Sat
shop: 10am – 4pm
donate: 10am – 3pm
closed: Sun – Mon
ReStore in The Orchards
1950 Vandalia Street
Collinsville, Illinois 62234
Have large items that don't fit in your vehicle?
We pick up appliances, cabinet sets & furniture. Pick up days are Tuesday – Saturday. Contactless pick-up: Items need to be in a garage, outside if dry or covered porch. Please wear a mask when interacting with ReStore staff.
Does your business have surplus inventory that you cannot sell? ReStore is a great solution for your mis-orders, scratch and dents, overstocks, discontinued items or storeroom clean out. We pick-up your donations and make it easy for you to clear out your space!
Please contact our manager for more information on corporate or business donations – click below to call or email:
why donate to ReStore?
it helps build homes
When the items you donate to ReStore are sold, the proceeds help families achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better future.
it helps the environment
If your items still have a usable life, then it’s not time for them to go to the landfill. The best form of recycling is keeping items in use instead of sending them to the landfill.
it helps our community
ReStore sells donated items at discounted prices to the public, offering a low cost option to repair and renovate for all who shop at ReStore, furthering Habitat’s vision of decent affordable housing for everyone.
what can I donate?
New or Gently Used Items In Clean, Usable Condition, and Complete Working Order
Free of dirt, mold, mildew, or water damage
- 20 years old or less **100% working, all parts, clean***
- Refrigerators, freezers, stoves, vent hoods, washers, dryers, microwaves, garbage disposals, cooktops.
- Dishwashers – 2014 or newer only.
- No used dishwashers older than 2014, wall ovens by exception only.
Building Materials (residential only)
- 4 ft Minimum, free of nails/screws: Drywall, Lumber, Trim, Plywood, Baseboard.
- Electrical: conduit, wire, hardware, outlets, switches, etc.
- New Only/Packaged: Tile, Shingles, Siding, Insulation, Ceiling Tiles.
- Bricks/pavers no mortar.
- No Loose: tile, shingles, siding, insulation, or ceiling tiles.
- No Used: deck wood, particle board shelving, or siding.
- No open or used bags/tubs mortar/grout, plaster, pesticides or hazardous materials.
- No furnaces, hot water heaters, fireplaces.
- No commercial building materials (call for exception if usable in residential or DIY projects).
Doors & Windows (residential only)
- Doors: Interior (wood, metal, bi-fold, glass), Exterior (metal or glass).
- Prefer without frames or door hardware (remove & bag).
- Windows: (complete- all sashes & frame).
- Vintage wood doors and windows by exception.
- No damage, warping, dirt, mold/mildew, water damage, hooks.
- No commercial doors.
- No used shower doors.
- No single pane or metal windows, wood screens.
- No unframed glass.
- New/In Box Only: laminate, vinyl flooring, ceramic tile.
- Hardwood – new or used (no water damage, flooring nails, screws removed).
- New carpet only, rolled, max 12 feet.
- Area rugs – free of stains, tears, pet free home.
- No used carpet, laminate or tile. No loose tile.
Furniture (new or gently used)
- Tables & chairs, beds, dressers, wardrobes, china cabinets, small desks (5ft max), bookshelves, file cabinets, office chairs.
- By Exception: Entertainment Centers & Armoires (solid wood, photos need to be emailed for approval).
- No mold, mildew, or structural damage.
- No mattresses & box springs, sofas, recliners, sofa beds, office desks, particle board entertainment centers, pianos, exercise equipment, medical supplies, pool tables.
Cabinets and Countertops
- Kitchen, Bath & Other Cabinets: doors/drawers/hinges preferably attached.
- Laminate & Corian countertops- up to 6 feet, over 6 feet by exception.
- No water damage cabinets, if sink base damaged, please try to salvage cabinet front.
- No marble/granite counters over 3ft.
Plumbing and Bath
- Sinks (faucets removed), tubs, medicine cabinets, new shower surrounds, vanities w/ top & cabinet.
- Toilets: white only, low flow only (less than 1.6 gpf), complete, free of water.
- Pipes and plumbing fixtures – pvc & copper.
- Double vanities by exception, photo approval.
- No used cultured marble: tubs or sinks w/o vanity cabinet.
- No cast iron sinks or tubs (unless clawfoot).
- No shower doors or unframed mirrors.
- No broken/incomplete/custom color toilets.
Paint (and stain, plaster, etc.)
- 10yrs old or less, water based only.
- Full /unused containers only.
- Brushes, rollers, paint trays, working spray paint.
- No oil-based paint/stains, or any product marked combustible.
- No used spray paint, partial or used cans of paint, plaster, etc.
- **100% working condition**
- Flush mount, chandeliers, sconces, lamps, ceiling fans (complete, prefer with blades removed).
- No used: CFL light bulbs, or fluorescent tubes. CFL’s can be recycled at Home Depot or Lowes. Batteries Plus recycles fluorescent tubes for a fee.
- Clean, gently used: dishes and kitchenware, pictures, home décor, blinds/shades (cordless/kid safe only), shutters, framed mirrors.
- Cleaning products- unopened, not expired.
- No unframed mirror or glass, expired or unmarked chemicals.
- No TV’s/computers, clothing, shoes or bedding/linens – Try Savers, Goodwill or Salvation Army
- Must be in good working condition.
- Nails, screws, nuts, bolts, boxes of fasteners (sorted by type/style), locks, hinges, pulls/knobs/handles.
- No rusty tools/hardware, no broken handles.
- No ladders.